Wednesday, September 14, 2005

10th Grade High School English Assignment: Letter to a Friend

[This letter was never actually sent.  It was a 10th grade English Assignment to write a letter.  (Supposedly to a friend, but in reality it was handed in to the teacher, and never sent to the addressee).  As part of the assignment, we had to talk about a school policy that we wanted changed.]

Dear Brian,

How are things at your house?  Things are going pretty good over here.  I hope you and Jeff are getting along fairly well; I trust you haven't killed him yet.  I look forward to seeing you at Christmas.

How are you doing in school?  I guess things are going  as well as can be expected for me.  Of course there are  several things which I think can be improved.  I guess the main thing that I dislike is the tardy policy.  Our school use the policy to keep people from showing up late to class.  Unfortunately for the students, they've gone to far.  The system is really a pain.  I have to push and shove through crowded hallways in order to get to class on time.  There is no time for making side trips to go to the office(if I need to), drop a book off at the library, or pick something up from another class.  I would be nice if the school board would think of the students for once and change it; however I know that will never happen.  I've written a letter to the school board about it, but I don't think it will do any good.  I guess I'll just have to live with it.  It would be nice, though, if they would be a little less rigid about these things.  It's really frustrating when you know that a teacher is marking you tardy, when you were only five seconds late.  A second thing I would like to see would be the teachers, who allow no room for mistake, to allow me a few trips back to my locker each month.  Does your school have anything like that?

How about writing back to me?  I would really enjoy hearing from you.  See you at Christmas.

No comments: